We are excited to be relaunching ForCom with some major improvements. Here's what you will find with ForCom 3.0:
1) New Design: We have completely revamped our design, providing ForCom with a unique, distinctive color-scheme that resonates with the performance arts. We made the navigation more clear and crisp and improved usability to make navigating to various pages as quick and easy as possible. The redesign affected nearly every page of the site including the homepage, tournaments, tournament pages, member pages, performance video pages, leagues, etc. The design is more web2.0 with nice large fonts, and clear calls-to-action, for simple, easy navigation and scanning of content. It's simply more fresh and fun now.
2) Video Performances: We created an entirely new section of the website devoted to sharing performance videos. Expect to see hundreds of performance videos posted into the Performances section of ForCom over the coming days. Anyone may submit any performance at any time. It's as simple as uploading a video file or pasting a youtube link. Users are encouraged to share "Peer Reviews" of posted performances. For graduating seniors and alumni, this provides you with the great opportunity to have your performance remembered and shared with future generations of forensicators. The Performances section is really meant to be a fun, engaging way for competitors across the country to share their performances with each other in a permanent way, and ensure their performances last beyond a single competition.
3) Website Performance: ForCom has been updated to the latest stable release of drupal - 6.19 for optimal performance and security. We cleaned up the modules and blocks on the back-end to further improve performance. The site is now running on its own dedicated server so users should see significant improvements in page load times.
4) Other Fun Stuff:
- Featuring of Top Performances on the Homepage.
- Speech, Debate, and Category Pages (Declamation, Duo, etc) now display performance videos associated with the category as well as members competing in the category so you can watch videos and network with other members who share your category.
- Tournament Results across the country will continue to be posted into the site and displayed on the homepage.
There were a number of other tweaks, improvements, enhancements, etc, but we'll shutup and let the site speak for itself.
Click around and check us out. Welcome to the new and improved ForCom!